The majority of adults at high-risk for lung cancer are not benefitting from the potentially life-saving annual screening. Join Michael Gieske, MD as he shares insights from success with establishing and growing a large lung cancer screening program in Kentucky—the state that leads the nation in lung cancer incidence—proving if Kentucky can do it, anyone can!
This free one-hour webinar will:
- Describe protocols and processes for screening at-risk patients, discovering lung cancers and incidental findings, and programmatically addressing and navigating the patient.
- Explain how to successfully engage primary care providers in screening referrals and support of the program.
- Share lessons learned and guidance for established screening programs and those getting started.
- Explore state-based initiatives to enhance screening implementation and economies of scale.
Lung Cancer Screening Success at St. Elizabeth Healthcare
- 13,000 lung cancer screenings since 2013
- Up to 430 scans per month
- False positive rate of 4.97%
- One lung cancer found for every 55 lung screenings
- 230+ lung cancers discovered through screening program
- 68.4% of screen-detected cancers are early stages I or II
- Captured 36.3% of the qualified patients attributed to primary care providers (2019)
Director of Lung Cancer Screening, Lead Physician, Clinical Director - Operations for SEP East Department, and Medical Director
St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Ft. Mitchell St. Elizabeth Physicians (SEP), St Elizabeth Virtual Health Center
Ft. Mitchell, KY
Dr. Michael Gieske is the Director of Lung Cancer Screening at St. Elizabeth Healthcare, Lead Physician at Ft. Mitchell St. Elizabeth Physicians (SEP), Clinical Director-Operations for SEP East Department, and Medical Director for St Elizabeth Virtual Health Center.
Director, LuCa National Training Network
University of Louisville
Celeste Worth has over 20 years of experience in cancer control and provider education. She is the Director of the LuCa National Training Network, a national center for primary care provider education on lung cancer care based at the University of Louisville. She was previously a co-investigator for the Provider…